Friday, May 9, 2008

PINEAPPLE PACHADI

Pineapple pachadi is an exotic dish from Kerala cuisine which is the combo of pineapple with coconut and are seasoned with the coconut oil. This is actually prepared at the time of onam or vishu which I tried for the first time during vishu. It was so delicious that I thought of presenting here.

Ingredients.

2 cups chopped pineapple.

1 cup grated coconut.

2 dried red chilies.

½ cup water.

½ tsp turmeric powder.

Salt to taste.

For seasoning.

1 tsp mustard seeds.

2 nos dry red chilly.

1 tbs coconut oil.

Few curry leaves.

Method.

Boil chopped pineapple with a pinch of turmeric and water. Cook until the pieces are tender


Meanwhile grind coconut with dry chilies to a fine paste.

In pan heat oil, add curry leaves and then the coconut paste. Saute for a while.

When pineapple is fully cooked, add the coconut mixture. Make sure the gravy must be thick.

Lastly heat oil in a pan and season with mustard seed and dried red chili.

Then transfer those seasoning in the pineapple gravy.



(If the pineapple is not sweet enough, you can add little sugar in order to balance the sweet flavor)

Enjoy....

3 comments:

ranji said...

wow!!this looks good suma!!usually i avoid pachadi because of yogurt..i dont like it..but his one i will definitely make...hubby loves sweet curries with rice:)

Nanditha Prabhu said...

bhavu doesn't like sweet curries usually.. so if i make it i will get to have it all by myself...come over here soon so that we can have it together:)

Unknown said...

I like these,especially when they serve it for marriage occassions and stuff:) I like pineapples, but I get these blisters on my toungue when I eat them, but I never had that problem when I had it in pachadi:) Maybe becoz of the yoghurt:) Thanks for the recipe suma:)