Friday, May 7, 2010

MASALA TOUCHED DOSA ( UNCLE'S RECIPE)

Hey guys...Finally am back. Hope all are doing good and enjoying ur holidays to fullest.. Me too had a great blast with my family members so do smera had a nice time. I would definitely like to reveal that on my 'B DAY' my uncle who is very good cook prepared breakfast. What would be more special when my uncle cooks on my b day? Am I right? The recipe was ''MASALA TOUCHED DOSA'' a kinda different from normal masala dosa. Its my uncle's own version without adding onions and the main interesting part was the stuffing that is placed like a thin layer on dosa, not like the usual one. Hope now U would have known why I suggested the word ''Touched' :) and thus its not so heavy but simple and light breakfast which I always love to prefer. Coming back to ingredients, the measurement I have specified is apporoximate amounts as you can put more or less depending on what you like.



INGREDIENTS.

Dosa Batter.

2 Boiled Potatoes. (Mashed)

1 tbsp Ural Dal.

1 tsp Mustard seeds.

2 Green chillies.

1 tsp Oil.

Handful of Coriander leaves.

Salt to taste.

METHOD.

For stuffing -

Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. When they start splutter add ural dal and fry till it turned brown. Add potatos , salt and lastly coriander leaves. Saute well till the leaves are well mixed with the potato masala. Cover with a lid and let it sit for 5 min under low flame.


For masala dosa -

Spread the thin layered dosa batter on dosa tawa. Add oil around dosa edges. Let it cook under medium heat. Now place the stuffing on to one side of dosa and spread them fully as a thin layer. Cook till its crisp and carfully fold them according to ur choice and place then on the plate with the help of a spatula.


Serve hot with sambar and chutney.

DIFFERENT NOTE:

I was very glad to meet one of my best blogger and adorable pal ''APARNA FROM APS KITCHEN''. Surprisingly now she is residing just near to our home. So no way v could not meet each other. We had a nice gala time going out for shopping, visiting each other's place and having her tremendous prepared tasty lunch. Yummm it was. Hope we will meet offen Aparna :) Hugs to u.

Enjoy!!

20 comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

Welcome back dear...yummy dosa

Finla said...

Looks yummy.

Priya Suresh said...

Thats a droolworthy dosa Suma...Glad to know Aps lives besides u..

PranisKitchen said...

really yummy dosa..the fillings are really awesome.we love that potato stuffed dosa..nice breakfast platter

Unknown said...

Welcom back Suma delicious dosa recipe... good to know you met Aparna hope you both enjoyed a lot......

Aps Kitchen said...

Hey Suma really had a good time.....:) nd this was the dosa u told me about :) Very nice indeed nd yeh Touched :)
Love nd Hugs To u too Suma :)

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Yummy dosa, looks delicious. Hope u and Aps enjoyed a lot.

Sum Raj said...

thank u all...yes guys we both enjoyed a lot...

Sushma Mallya said...

Welcome back suma, heard from Aps that you both had a great time in bombay...Dosa looks delicious,and nice version of masala dosa..

Indian Khana said...

Gud to see U back Suma...after all the rocking time with Aps it's time to have masala dosa izit ;)...looks gud

Gita Jaishankar said...

The platter looks so delicious and tempting dear...Happy Mother's Day :)

Kiran said...

Dosa looks very delicious with a little touch of masala.

Raks said...

Actually I too love masala touched dosa,rather than masala dosa ;D Nice post Suma!

Cham said...

Happy Mother's Day! That is a very different dosa!

Unknown said...

normally i love dosa , masala dosa amazing taste superb

after eating dosa i will tell you

thanks for this

FH said...

YummY dosa. Masala touched is a great idea, you get every piece of dosa smeared in masala which I like! :)

As for your q about Poha, I just add Poha with rice to soak, it's adding more flattened rice anyway. But you could just wash Poha in hot water few minutes before too. Doesn't make any difference if we are grinding everything.

Namitha said...

yummm platter...glad to hear that you had a great vacation :-)

Sum Raj said...

thanks all..i really appreciate ur comments..

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Thats my one of the fav dosa.. looks too good and yummy,...wish if someone could make for me rather making myself..

Rajeev S said...

Thanks suma for posting on my dosa, and I liked the name you suggested, Masala Touched Dosa... Happy to know that I have added a bit to make you happy on your B'day...