Wednesday, August 23, 2017

400th POST - SWIRLED CAKE

I am so excited to tell everyone that its my 400th post. Phew!! Still I could not believe that I am stepping on my 400th post ;) It has been a long journey. Blogging has given me something to look forward to every day, which is such a blessing :) I would like to thank my family, my relatives,each and everyone whose on my facebook specially, Thank u so much for your faithful viewership, likes and encouraging comments over the past few years. I hope you all will stay with me for the next upcoming years too:)
Now coming back with my recipe, as a treat and also as a celebration of my 400th post, here i am presenting to you all a small delight ie Swirled cake :) Swrils on a cake looks really spectacular isn't? Such cakes always catches my eyes since it has a chocolate ribbon going through it. This is one of my classic cake, very simple and easy to make. Also you can satisfy your carving anytime.
INGREDIENTS

1 Cup plus 2 tbsp Maida

1/2 Cup Thick Curd

1/3 Cup Oil

1 Cup Sugar

2 tbsp Milk.

1 tsp Baking powder

1/2 tsp Baking soda

1 tsp Vanilla essence

INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE MIXTURE

1 Tbsp Icing sugar

2 tbsp Coco powder

2 tbsp Water

METHOD

Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda 2 to 3 times and keep aside.
In another bowl, add oil, thick curd and blend with a hand mixer till it becomes light. Gradually add sugar and vanilla essence to it and mix well. Now add the flour mixture little by little and blend to a smooth batter. Add milk if the batter is too thick.
In another bowl, add icing sugar, coco pd , water and mix well without forming any lumps. Keep aside.
Preheat the oven for 180 degree. Grease 7 inch loaf mould and dust some maida all over so that the cake does not get sticked to the mould. Now the fun part comes ;) Pour half of the batter in the mould. Tap gently to spread batter evenly. After that pour 1/2 spoonful of chocolate mixture by making droplets evenly across the batter. With the help of a toothpick, make swrils in the batter. With a gently touch, make uneven deep patterns. Pour remaining white batter and end up repeating the same swril process adding chcocolate mixture on the top. Bake in a preheated oven for 180 degree for 35 to 40 min. When its baked, cooled and sliced you will see a nice evenly patterns :)

Enjoy!!

0 comments: